Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Survival of the Fittest

Time has come full circle. 

I never imagined I would be who I am. This is neither good nor bad. I am not boastful of my short comings; I am not conceited in my acomplishments. I am simply content to be at this place and time, still (for the most part) in tact. 

I have always been excited for the future. I learned quickly how often the vast unkown can welcome beauty into the coldest of hearts. Now I wander and roam through this unmeasureable limbo called youth as time forges onward. It seems as if the exploration of minds has become my second nature. I guess you could call it a personality trait. 

But what happens when fear comes knocking?

August 2009. Petrified. Standing with a heart of stone- no one to turn to, nowhere to run. I quickly learned that time does not stop for hitch-hikers. It only accelorates at the face of fear. And though I'm hesitant to admit it, these road blocks are worth the present troubles. Sometimes the lessons learned on detours are what carry you through the rough pactches on the beaten trail. 

**And the memories made along the way are often worth the heartache.  

So just let it be. Let time persevere. Let life move you on with racing color. Let the wind rush past your aching soul. Learn to laugh at change. Hold your head high as your heart breaks. Accept bruises with an open heart. And know that oneday, it will all be Eh-OK(:

Because in case you haven't noticed, 
     out there- 

          
               It's survival of the fittest.


No comments:

Post a Comment