Monday, June 28, 2010

But shouldn't have I?

*Maybe I shouldn't have. 
But that last cupcake just looked so good sitting on that shiny gold platter basking in the kitchen light and so what if my stomach is now bursting at the seams? 


*Maybe I shouldn't have. 
But those shoes were just sooo cute and on sale 30% off and who cares that they were still $67 and that I now have overdraft charges on my checking account... right? 








*Maybe I shouldn't have. 
It seemed so harmless at first... And then I would have missed out on all the fun everyone else was having. 



*Maybe I really should'nt have. 
But sometimes I just get so angry and you know how to push all my buttons... 


*Well, Maybe I shouldn't have. 
But you were just sooo cute and the color in your eyes made me melt like butter.
*But maybe I shouldn't have.
And suddenly, falling in love wasn't quite so avoidable.


*Maybe I really shouldn't have...


Because now I'm left with a thousand broken memories of what used to be and ohhh how the times change too quick.


Could it all have been avoided? Is a shattered heart better than not having any heart? Does heartache feel better than not feeling anything at all? 


Answer: ......




***So maybe I really shouldn't have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment