Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Avoiding

I'm avoiding, I know. Please don't remind me. And don't think I haven't already noticed. 

Isn't it strange though? How the  words that flow through my blood stream beating my heart with every breath seem to fail me now? How the very thing that fuels my existence, the raving passion that swims in the depths of the oceans of my soul is suddenly: 

GONE? 

....Why?

I am a writer, this I am sure of. This isn't just something I know- It's something increpted in my DNA. It's been bound within my weaving chromosomes and branded into my heart- It is my Home. That it chooses to fail me now only causes me to question my motives. Am I too exhausted to write? Has inspiration gone on vacation? Do I need to take a break myself? 

Then, the dreaded, ghastly, but unfortunately inevitable question:

Do I even want to write?? 

GASP!!! 


Of the answer to this I am sure- Absolutely. I wouldn't be doing all this over analyzing if I weren't positively sure. Which leads me to another point:

**When has over analyzing ever gotten anyone anywhere?? 
Answer: NEVER.

So then what the heck am I doing!?!? And how do I STOP!?

But then I hear your voice: Let it be. 

And suddenly, it's as simple as that. I've realized what it takes. And I breathe.

 Put down the pen. Empty the trash can of my wasted paper. Throw open the windows. 

*And know that I am free. 


4 comments:

  1. What you have beautifully expressed here are the same thoughts that plague me. But, if we decided to put that pen down permanently, I think we would explode or go mad. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to all of us. Let it be. It will come. Beautifully written. I enjoy your fresh new voice! AND I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marge,

    Very cool blog. I found you through Monda, she's a friend of mine. We go on smoke dates. Ask her about it.

    Writing is my home, is such a cool line I wish I'd written it myself. I named the voice I hear. He's Ted. Slimy bastard Ted. Won't leave me alone, constantly telling me what to write. He's not a bad writer, per se, he just won't shut up.

    Yes, let it be.

    But keep writing.

    Mike Teacher Food

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoniB, it helps to know Im not the only one! And I totally agree. In no way can writing be forced.

    Thanks so much Pat! Your advice has been so helpful!

    And Mike... I already adore your voice. So honest and real. And personally, I think naming that voice is absolute genius. I might just name mine. It would give me someone to talk to at least.

    Thanks so much guys! :)

    ReplyDelete